Thursday, September 10, 2015

Bonjour Paris!

     Ever since I discovered the movie Funny Face about 5 years ago I've been obsessed.  I go through random spurts of having the soundtrack on repeat in my head (happens without warning), go through about a week's worth of wanting to watch the movie before I actually get around to it, then proceed to have it on repeat in the background all day while I work.

     Yep... a little obsessed.

     Now something new has been added to my weirdo list... an overwhelming desire to draw the characters.  One of the gifts of being able to draw is the joy of having a vision in your head, attempting to translate it onto paper, and FAILING miserably.  Over and over again.

     Luckily for my sanity everything clicked!  Bonjour Audrey!

   


     For the past 2 years I've been aggressively working on evolving my style into something that feels natural to me and flows whimsically from my fingers.  I'm not quite there yet, but I'm definitely closer!  Now off to struggle with getting the rest of the characters from the movie down.
Wish me luck!


     Also!  Added some new lil funny faces to my Shop!
Feel free to go check them out if you like goofy things, or need something to scare the cat with.

No comments:

Post a Comment